October 22, 2012
In one month, thousands of Washington residents have already signed-up for the convenience of the state’s new License Express website.
On September 17, the Department of Licensing announced that License Express is a website where residents can securely manage their driver license, ID card, cars, motorcycles, watercraft and trailers.
That’s right, all in one place!
As of October 19, the total number of people who’ve signed-up for the site is 7,988.
To learn more about License Express, check-out the video tour.
Want to join now? Here’s our direct link to the sign-up page.
October 1, 2012
OLYMPIA — Several fees related to driver and vehicle licensing charged by the Department of Licensing increased today.
These fee increases, passed by the 2012 State Legislature, are required to continue to fund the operation and maintenance of the roads, streets, bridges, ferries, transit systems, and other services that make up our vital transportation system.
(Please click image below for larger view of fees.)
April 26, 2012
Vehicle and boat owners who find themselves in a situation where they need a title certificate immediately now have a new service option called a Quick Title.
A Quick Title is an official certificate of ownership provided to a vehicle or boat owner across the counter at the time a title transaction is processed. Quick Title services are available in 16 locations around our state.
The key benefit of a Quick Title is speed. A title processed normally can take a month or more to arrive in the mail. In most circumstances, this doesn’t present any problems for vehicle or boat owners. However, sometimes an owner will lose a title and need an immediate replacement to prove ownership or sell the vehicle to someone else.
The fee to get a Quick Title is $50. This is in addition to all other fees and taxes due at the time of the transaction. Quick Titles are not available for vehicles reported to DOL as destroyed or for vehicles classified as not eligible for road use.
People seeking a Quick Title must have all of the necessary title documentation completed and ready for processing at the time of the transaction. This documentation will be carefully reviewed for completeness and accuracy before the transaction is processed.
Vehicle and boat licensing offices currently offering Quick Title services include:
- Benton County Auditor’s Office in Kennewick
- Clark County Auditor’s Office in Vancouver
- Cowlitz County Auditor’s Office in Kelso
- Franklin County Auditor’s Office in Pasco
- Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in Port Townsend
- King County Records and Licensing Services in Seattle
- Kitsap County Auditor’s Office in Port Orchard
- Klickitat County Auditor’s Office in Goldendale
- Lincoln County Auditor’s Office in Davenport
- Pierce County Auditor’s Office in Tacoma
- Skagit County Auditor’s Office in Mount Vernon
- Snohomish County Auditor’s Office in Everett
- Spokane County Auditor’s Office in Spokane
- Walla Walla County Auditor’s Office in Walla Walla
- Whatcom County Auditor’s Office in Bellingham
- Whitman County Auditor’s Office in Colfax
Quick Title counter service is not available at the Department of Licensing headquarters office in Olympia or at any location in Thurston County. But more counties are expected to begin offering this service in the future.