Traveling to the Olympics?

By Brad Benfield

The Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games are just around the corner, and many Washington residents planning on driving to the Games are making our state’s Enhanced Driver Licenses and ID Cards their border crossing document of choice for traveling to the Games.

Demand for the enhanced licenses and IDs during the last week of 2009 jumped by 35 percent over the week before. If you are interested in getting an Enhanced Driver License or ID Card, make sure you review requirements for citizenship, identity, and residency before arriving at one of the 18 DOL driver licensing offices that issue them.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection also has a comprehensive website to help you learn more about what to expect at the border and other border-crossing identification options.

4 Responses to Traveling to the Olympics?

  1. Connie Widener says:

    I’ve had my EDL for a year now and used it to go to Canada and back. It was even easier than it was before the ID requirements were put in place! With my EDL, I flew right through customs and had a fantastic trip.

  2. Pat Herrington says:

    Living in Grays Harbor, there are no LSO’s close to be able to get an Enhanced Driver License. People are finding it easier to get a passport rather than drive to Lacey or another office.

%d bloggers like this: