March 11, 2015
Click image to use the locator map.
Looking for a driver licensing office near you?
An online “locator map” on the Department of Licensing’s website is the best source for information about driver licensing office locations.
Just click on any city appearing on the map, and you’ll be taken to DOL’s webpage featuring specific information about the driver licensing office in that city.
In addition to the address for each location, you’ll also find the days and hours each office is open.
Current wait times for each office are also found by using the locator map.
Just above the locator map, you’ll also find a drop-down menu featuring a complete list of driver licensing office locations. Here, the cities are conveniently listed in alphabetical order.
When looking for the location of a driver licensing office, DOL highly recommends using the locator map; especially since search engines can produce inaccurate information.
April 26, 2012
Vehicle and boat owners who find themselves in a situation where they need a title certificate immediately now have a new service option called a Quick Title.
A Quick Title is an official certificate of ownership provided to a vehicle or boat owner across the counter at the time a title transaction is processed. Quick Title services are available in 16 locations around our state.
The key benefit of a Quick Title is speed. A title processed normally can take a month or more to arrive in the mail. In most circumstances, this doesn’t present any problems for vehicle or boat owners. However, sometimes an owner will lose a title and need an immediate replacement to prove ownership or sell the vehicle to someone else.
The fee to get a Quick Title is $50. This is in addition to all other fees and taxes due at the time of the transaction. Quick Titles are not available for vehicles reported to DOL as destroyed or for vehicles classified as not eligible for road use.
People seeking a Quick Title must have all of the necessary title documentation completed and ready for processing at the time of the transaction. This documentation will be carefully reviewed for completeness and accuracy before the transaction is processed.
Vehicle and boat licensing offices currently offering Quick Title services include:
- Benton County Auditor’s Office in Kennewick
- Clark County Auditor’s Office in Vancouver
- Cowlitz County Auditor’s Office in Kelso
- Franklin County Auditor’s Office in Pasco
- Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in Port Townsend
- King County Records and Licensing Services in Seattle
- Kitsap County Auditor’s Office in Port Orchard
- Klickitat County Auditor’s Office in Goldendale
- Lincoln County Auditor’s Office in Davenport
- Pierce County Auditor’s Office in Tacoma
- Skagit County Auditor’s Office in Mount Vernon
- Snohomish County Auditor’s Office in Everett
- Spokane County Auditor’s Office in Spokane
- Walla Walla County Auditor’s Office in Walla Walla
- Whatcom County Auditor’s Office in Bellingham
- Whitman County Auditor’s Office in Colfax
Quick Title counter service is not available at the Department of Licensing headquarters office in Olympia or at any location in Thurston County. But more counties are expected to begin offering this service in the future.