Washington State Department of Licensing
From highway safety, vehicle and driver fraud, to the licensing and regulation of over 30 professions and businesses, public safety and consumer protection are the cornerstones of our responsibilities. In addition, we ensure the fair and efficient collection of state revenue.
We have approximately 1,300 employees working hard every day to serve customers at our 56 License Services offices located throughout Washington.
On a daily basis we:
- test and authorize new drivers to go on the road.
- answer inquiries for vehicle record information and driver record information.
- register vehicles and issue vehicle titles.
- process records on traffic accidents to enable law enforcement to follow up on safety violations.
- issue professional licenses and certifications.
One vision, one voice, working together for a safer Washington.
Great people, great service — excellence every time.