Washington State Department of Licensing
From highway safety, vehicle and driver fraud, to the licensing and regulation of more than 30 professions and businesses, public safety and consumer protection are the cornerstones of our responsibilities. We also ensure the fair and efficient collection of state revenue.
We have more than 1,000 employees working hard every day to serve customers at more than 50 licensing service offices throughout Washington.
On a daily basis, we:
- test and authorize new drivers to go on the road.
- answer inquiries for vehicle record information and driver record information.
- register vehicles and issue vehicle titles.
- process records on traffic accidents to enable law enforcement to follow up on safety violations.
- issue professional licenses and certifications.
Helping every Washington resident live, work, drive, and thrive.
Respect, trust, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We’ll be friendly and helpful — every time.
Find contact information for driver licensing, vehicle and vessel licensing, business and professional licensing, and more.