Blog Use and Comment Policy
Licensing Express, DOL’s official blog, provides an opportunity for sharing and discussing information about Department of Licensing (DOL) programs and activities. The comments and opinions expressed by users of this blog are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of DOL or its employees. All public comments are reviewed before posting. They are screened in accordance with the blog use policy.
- Only comments that comply with this DOL blog use policy will be approved for posting. Comments will not be edited by DOL or its staff.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Blog comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. The blog is not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The comment section for an article will close 30 days after the article is published.
- The blog is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The blog is not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to DOL or any official or employee of DOL for any purpose. For example, a post or comment that asks that DOL provide public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56. Likewise, a post or comment related to a proposed agency rule will not be considered by the agency under RCW 34.05.
- Comments specific to a DOL project or program should be submitted directly to that project or program.
- This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
If you have questions about this policy or would like to report a violation, please contact DOL’s Communications and Education office.