The Washington State Department of Licensing’s use of social media compliments its mission to serve you well. These days, that means being where you increasingly expect to find us; places like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. While these social media tools can be effective at engaging and assisting the public, the most comprehensive tool for information related to DOL is the agency’s website: http://dol.wa.gov.
To help ensure that your experience with our social media tools is positive, please consider the following policy and guidelines:
The DOL’s social media tools provide an opportunity for sharing and discussing information about the agency’s services and programs. The comments and opinions expressed by users of these tools are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of DOL or its employees. Public comments are reviewed in accordance with the DOL comment policy.
- Comments will not be edited by DOL or its staff. Comments that do not comply with this comment policy are subject to removal.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Public comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. These sites are not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The comment section for an article will close 30 days after the article is published.
- DOL social media tools are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- DOL social media tools are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to DOL or any official or employee of DOL for any purpose. For example, a post or comment that asks that DOL provide public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56. Likewise, a post or comment related to a proposed agency rule will not be considered by the agency under RCW 34.05.
- Comments specific to a DOL project or program should be submitted directly to that project or program at http://www.dol.wa.gov/contact.html?footer.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
Questions or concerns regarding the comment policy should be directed to DOL Media Relations at the following address:
Communications and Education
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9020
Olympia, WA 98507-9020
Anything you read that was originally produced by the DOL and published on its social media tool may be distributed or reproduced. When and where appropriate, we ask that you attribute the information to our respective social media tool. Information from external news sources or websites that you access from DOL’s social media tool may be subject to copyright and licensing restrictions (or laws), and you should check directly with sources before distributing such content.
When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving DOL’s social media tool and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners and/or sponsors of that site. DOL is not responsible for transmissions users receive from external websites.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
Reference to any specific commercial products, processes or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Washington State Department of Licensing or its employees.